Sorry for the delay in posting: the internet is at best spotty at the WDW Beach Resort. I've called support 4 times already! But here goes for my first day:
For a while it looked like I might not make it to Orlando. The night before I left, I played tennis with my husband (DH); it was our first official match playing together. We won - big time. But during the night, DH started to get real sick. He had been procrastinating seeing the doctor for a cough and it finally caught up with him: I had to bring him to the hospital in the morning, after a no-sleep night.
He's fine. He has bronco-pneumonia and now he has to take a bunch of meds. Talk about bad timing.
But I made it to my flight in time and though we waited 75 minutes a yard away from the gate in Orlando due to lightning (with many children on board 'cause let's not forget this is Walt Disney World, twas no fun) I finally reached my hotel at 6 pm. The Literacy Signing was almost over when I got there, after registering.
The writers were still there, signing away. Many known faces and many new ones, too.
I bought Kelley Armstrong's latest, Waking the Witch. I saw our own Angela Knight and her handsome husband. I also met with Linda Gerber, who will be CRW's October presenter of the Online workshop. And CRW's Amy Clipston.
TTYS
For picture, since it's impossible to download them in this post with my poor connection, I finally was able to put them on FB. Go to my page to see the latest: http://www.facebook.com/carolestlaurentRW
Sounds like you're having a great time. I'll have to hop over and see the pictures now.
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it!!!
Heather